2nd joint workshop DSM and GSM
Soil Mapping for a Sustainable Future
2nd joint Workshop of the IUSS Working Groups Digital Soil Mapping and Global Soil Map
Planned – Save the date !
Orléans, France Feb. 7th-9th 2023
Number of attendants limited by the room capacity (180), first registered (and paid), first served!
This conference will be hosted by le STUDIUM Institute for advanced studies (Orléans, France). It will bring together the International Union of Soil Sciences Working Groups ‘Digital Soil Mapping’ and ‘Global Soil Map’.
Digital soil mapping (DSM) is the modern way of creating soil maps and spatial soil information systems using numerical models. DSM is now widely used to create accurate maps of soil properties from field to global scales. This conference will present advances in science, state-of-art of spatiotemporal assessment, addressing the challenges and the mechanics of its various implementations for a sustainable future and soil health management from the field to the globe. It will bring together scientists in the field of DSM and end-users of their products.
Presentations will include, among others:
- global, regional and national state-of-the art of DSM products,
- methodological advances in DSM, including testing new modelling approaches and incorporating/selecting new co-variates,
- sampling issues,
- validation/evaluation methods of the performance of prediction,
- evaluation of uncertainty and communication of the uncertainty to end-users,
- uses of DSM products for decision-making, soil management and conservation, land-use planning, and evaluation/preservation of ecosystem services.